Sunday, August 30, 2009

How I am Going to Pray for My Husband





Lord, I thank you for my family, and for the challenges you have placed before us. I thank you for my life, and my husband, who faces challenges, and is challenging for me, but nothing is too big for You, Father. So, Lord, I place it all in your hands. I know that there is a reason that you have placed this man in my life, and I pray that you will make him the man You would have him be.
I pray that you will lay it on his heart to lead our family, as you have commanded. (Eph. 5:23)That he will be a spiritual leader in our home, Father, and set a good example for our children. That he will be transformed by the renewing of his mind, so that he may do your will (romans 12:2).
Lord, My husband's mouth is not always kind, may the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord (psalm 19:14). Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of his mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen (Eph. 4:29). Simply let his 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and his 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one (Matt. 5:37). I pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given to me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel (Eph 6:19).
Lord, I also pray for the heart of my husband. I pray that he will Love the LORD our God with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, as I do (Deut. 6:5). I ask that You will show him how to Trust in the You with all his heart, and lean not on his own understanding (Prov. 3:5). He is struggling to get by on his own, Lord, he does not know you. I know you can create in him a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within him (Psalm 51:10). He needs you so much, Lord. He is hurting without knowing your peace.
I pray also that the eyes of his heart may be enlightened in order that he may know the hope to which You have called him, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and Your incomparably great power for us who believe (Eph 1:18-19).
I thank you, Lord, for loving my husband so very much, and I pray that he will soon see your perfect love. In Jesus name, Amen.

~May the peace of the Lord be with you...





3 comments:

  1. Hi, Leslie. I just stumbled across your blog today. Thank-you for sharing your story. I will continue to read your blog and pray for you. I am an abused wife as well...have been for 9 years. I feel your pain. My name is Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Emily. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me tooo. Please tell me if ur husband ever changed and seen the light of jesus
    Dani

    ReplyDelete