Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When I needed clothes, you clothed me

I know there is nothing wrong with me. I know that there is no reason that a person should get as upset as he does over a pair of socks that are mismatched. Apparently, some socks are older than others, and my husband wants me to sort them by age, so that he doesn't wind up with one new fluffy sock and one old, not so fluffy sock. Ok. That's fine. But does there really need to be so much drama over the socks? Seriously, if the socks are mismatched, fix them. Don't waste time being mad at me about it. Right?
I don't need to cry over your socks.

The word of God says that whatever we do for the least of men, we do for the Lord. That must include folding socks, right? I have clothed my husband, despite years of ridicule, and anger. I have made sure that his clothes were set out every morning before he goes to work, not because he tells me to, but because I am eager to serve my husband to the best of my ability. I want to help him any way I can. I love him, and i love the Lord, and i seek to please both of them.

Matthew 25:37-40 (New International Version)

37"Then the righteous will answer him,

'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you,

or thirsty and give you something to drink?

38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in,

or needing clothes and clothe you?

39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth,

whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine,

you did for me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment