Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The proverbs 31 woman does not live in my house ~yet.

You know, I think I keep my house relatively clean. I have three small children, so it is far from pristine, but it is clean. Nothing is growing any place it shouldn't be, the floors get swept and vacuumed daily, mopped twice a week. My laundry is always done, I never let it pile up, and the dishes are done once or twice a day. I'm sure you can tell where I'm going with this.
I made the mistake of leaving a laundry basket ~ an empty laundry basket~ on the chair in the living room last night. Now, I have spent the morning listening to my husband telling me that our house is trashed, and I never clean anything, I just sit on the computer. Now, I admit, I do spend a fair amount of time on the computer, but everything is always done. My husband never wants for anything. It's not like I sit around blogging, and don't make dinner. He and the kids always have what they need, and my house is always "visitor ready", as I say to my kids.
So, where am I falling short? ~ I'm not. My husband has a problem. I live my life trying to grow in the word every day. I have come a long way in my journey as a Christian wife. I have gone from dreading housework, to finding joy in providing a comfortable clean home for my husband and children. I watch over the affairs of my household (proverbs 31:27). So, I'm working on it. I have a long way to go, but I am heading in the right direction.
If you are in my situation, with a husband who does not appreciate your efforts, I would encourage you to focus your attention on becoming the proverbs 31 woman ~ a woman who is worth far more than rubies (proverbs 31:10). What else do we have? After all, "charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised" (proverbs 31:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment