Sunday, September 13, 2009

I love you so much, you useless b$@ch.


Which is it? Does he love me so much, or am I useless to him? I don't know about you, but the hardest part for me is the constant back and forth. One minute I am special and feel so wonderful about our marriage, and the next, I am squashed under an angry foot. I feel as though I cannot do the right thing in any situation. Do you feel the same?
Where I was emotionally when I met him, seems a world from where I am now. I was strong. I was confident and driven. Today, I have been made to feel inadequate for so many years, that I'm not sure any more whether or not I am. There is one thing I do know, though. I know that I am a child of God. I know that it is not pleasing to the Lord for my husband to treat me the way he does. However, that does not give me cause to mistreat him.
the lesson in my ladies Sunday school class today was about submitting to our husbands. We are to submit in EVERY situation. Even the ones that we disagree with.

Ephesians 5:21-24

21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

So there you have it. But why in the world would we listen to and support a man that is continuously disregarding us and going out of his way to make us hurt? Well, the Word of God has something to say about that, too. We can win our husbands to the Lord by our actions. Our actions can be the saving grace of our marriages, and our husbands souls!! What a great responsibility God has bestowed on us! We are given the opportunity to be living example of Christ's love in our homes.

1 Peter 3:1-2

1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.


That is a tremendous gift. Every man, no matter how cruel, or how callus, deserves the opportunity to feel the love of God. This, and this alone, is what will turn our lives around. With God's help, we can feel the genuine love of Christ through our husbands every day. It is just a matter of waiting on His time. Don't give up girls!! We are worth it, and so are our husbands.


No comments:

Post a Comment