Monday, September 28, 2009

Are you an idiot?

I am. At least according to my husband, I am. Funny, I used to think I was pretty smart. I was a great student, graduated in the top 10% of my class. I was given my pick of any job in the Navy because i scored so high on the ASVAB (armed services vocational aptitude battery) I have done very well at everything I every wanted to do. The only thing I can't seem to do, is please my husband, the man who is supposed to love me, "for better or for worse". Remember when your husband said that? I do. He stood before God himself and promised to love me, honor me, and CHERISH me, until we are parted by death. I don't think that my annoying him gets him out of that promise.
Marriage is an institution designed by God, in order to further His kingdom. My husband has never taken that seriously. I have never been cherished, never been honored. Sometimes I wish so much that I was what he wanted. I wish that I could make him happy. I spend every waking moment trying to love, honor and cherish the man I married. Somehow it is still not enough. I don't know what else to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment